- When you first start Outlook, the wizard will pop up. If not, you can also access this by going to Tools->Email Accounts
- At the Server Type screen, choose IMAP
- Fill in your User Information, Server Information and Logon Information
Your name: type in your name E-mail address: enter your email address Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.math.ias.edu Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.math.ias.edu User Name: the username provided to you by the computing department Password: enter the password provided to you
Click on "More Settings..."
- Click on the "Outgoing Server" tab
Check-off "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Click on the "Advanced" tab
Check-off "This service require an encrypter connection (SSL)" for both Incoming Server and Outgoing Server
- Click Finish
- You may receive an "Internet Security Warning"
Follow the instructions on http://www.math.ias.edu/computing/certificates to install the security certificate