- Launch Outlook Express.
- Click on the Tools menu ->Choose Accounts ->Mail tab -> Click Add button -> Choose Mail
- Enter your display name and then click on the Next button.
- Enter your IAS e-mail address and then click on the Next button.
- Choose IMAP as your incoming mail server.
Incoming mail server is imap.math.ias.edu
Outgoing mail (smtp) server is smtp.math.ias.edu
- Account name: Enter your IAS username.
Password: Enter your IAS password.
Click on the Next button.
- Click Finish.
- The Internet Accounts window will now show the new account.
Higlight the account and click on Properties.
- Click the Servers tab.
Under "Outgoing Mail Server", check off My Server Requires Authentication.
- Click the Advanced tab.
Place a check mark in the box located underneath Outgoing Mail (SMTP) and Incoming mail (IMAP): "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)"
- If prompted to download folders to display, choose Yes