If you would like to access certain campus resources (e.g. Princeton University Library mathematical journals), you will need to login to the VPN. You can access the VPN one of three ways:
- Web Browser
- Junos Pulse Client
- Pulse Secure mobile app
1. To login to the VPN from a web browser, navigate to https://vpn.ias.edu. Enter your IAS username and password. Make sure realm is set to "IAS Login". Then click on Sign In. You will be connected to the VPN for 10 hours or until manually disconnected.
2. In order to set up the Junos Pulse client, if it is your first time setting it up, you will need to follow Step 1 above. Once logged in, click on "IAS VPN Tunnel Installers". Install the appropriate client for your operating system:
- For RedHat-based systems, download and install the .rpm file
- For Debian-based systems, download and installed the .deb file
- For Mac OSX systems, download and install the .dmg file
- For 32-bit Windows systems, download and install the -32bitinstaller.msi file
- For 64-bit Windows systems, download and install the -64bitinstalled.msi file
Once installed, launch the client, enter your IAS credentials and click on Connect.
For subsequent logins, you just need to launch the Junos Pulse client and click on Connect. The VPN will stay connected for 10 hours unless manually disconnected.
3. Download the Pulse Secure app from the App store or Google Play store. Launch the app and the enter:
- Name/Connection Name - IAS VPN
- URL - vpn.ias.edu
- Username - <your IAS username>
- Hit save/Add.
Then press the Connect button. You will then be prompted for your IAS credentials. Then click on Sign In. You will be connected to the VPN for 10 minutes.