Logging into a machine
- When you first look at a terminal, you will see a screen asking for a username and password
- Enter the username and password given to you on your Account Information sheet
- If you are successful, then you will be logged in
- To log into a Windows machine, via rdesktop to Kobe, you will need to enable your Windows account.
- First, login to a Linux machine, bring up a terminal and type passwd to change your password. The requirements are strict: lowercase, uppercase and numbers are required.
- After you change your password, you should be able to login to your Windows account with these credentials.