November 5, 2018 - November 9, 2018
This workshop will focus on recent advances related to the variational theory of the area functional and regularity of minimal varieties. Topics include minimal surfaces, constant mean curvature surfaces, the Allen-Cahn regularization, mean curvature self-shrinkers and self-expanders, perturbation/gluing techniques, isoperimetric problems and others.
The workshop is organized by Fernando Codá Marques (IAS/Princeton University)
Otis Chodosh, Jaigyoung Choe, Camillo De Lellis, Ailana Fraser, Laurent Hauswirth, Nicos Kapouleas, William Meeks, Marco Mendez Guaraco, Aaron Naber, Andre Neves, Joaquin Perez, Magdalena Rodriguez, Richard Schoen, Felix Schulze, Christina Sormani, Lu Wang
Luis Eduardo Acevedo, Cioli Barazandeh, Costante Bellettini, Renato Ghini Bettiol, Cesar Correa, Antonio De Rosa, Akashdeep Dey, Teng Fei, Vikram Giri, Qiang Guang, Zeno Huang, Nikola Kamburov, Paul Laurain, Nam Le, Martin Li, Vanderson Lima, Yuhang Liu, Mohamd Saleem Lone, Siyuan Lu, Elena Maeder-Baumdicker, Diana Mandar, Laurent Mazet, Alexis Michelat, Pablo Mira, Rafael Montezuma Pinheiro, Stefano Nardulli, Vardan Oganesyan, Alec Payne, Juncheol Pyo, Antonio Ros, Maxwell Edward Stoarski, Ao Sun, Jun Sun, Freid Tong, Pedro Valentin, Shengwen Wang, Daniel Weser, Haotian Wu, Ke Xu, Hui Yang, Siyi Zhang, Yongzhe Zhang
Agenda: click here
If you have any problems with registration or other practical questions, please write to Michelle Huguenin (email@example.com).
Registration for the meals and workshop are required. (Speakers do not need to register)
Although there is no registration fee, because seating is limited both in the seminar room and in our dining hall, you are required to register if you wish to attend all or part of the workshop. In addition, in order for our chef to prepare enough food, we need to have a headcount for the meals. Please note the workshop attendees are expected to pay for their lunch. Approximate range of prices are 4.00 for a salad to 9.00 for an entree. Vegetarian lunches will be available. Only cash is accepted at the cash registers. Credit cards and personal checks are not accepted.
Directions to IAS (driving, train and plane): https://www.ias.edu/about/maps-directions
Places to Stay:
- The Peacock Inn (1.5 miles from IAS) 20 Bayard Lane, Pirnceton, NJ 08540 - 609-924-1707
- Nassau Inn (1.6 miles from IAS) 10 Palmer Square, Princeton, NJ 08542 - 609-921-7500
- Hyatt Regency (3.1 miles from IAS) 102 Carnegie Center Drive, Princeton, NJ 08540 - 609-987-1234
- Marriott Residence Inn (3.7 miles from IAS) 3563 US Route 1, Princeton, NJ 08540 - 609-799-0550
- Hyatt Place (3.8 miles from IAS) 3565 US Highway 1, Princeton, NJ 08540 - 609-720-0200
- Extended Stay America (4.4 miles from IAS) 3450 US Highway 1, Princeton, NJ 08540 - 609-919-9000
- Courtyard Marriott (5.3 Miles from IAS) 3815 US Highway 1 at Mapleton Road, Princeton, NJ 08540 - 609-716-9100
- Homewood Suites (5.7 miles from IAS) 3819 US Highway 1, Princeton, NJ 08540 - 609-720-0550
- DoubleTree (5.9 miles from IAS) 4355 US Highway 1, Princeton, NJ 08540 - 609-452-2400
Please inquire with the hotel if they offer shuttle service to the local Princeton area.