To change your password from Mac OS X or Springdale:
1. Open up the Terminal application.
2. If you are not on a School of Math workstaion, SSH into ssh.math.ias.edu using your assigned user credentials.
3. Type passwd.
4. Enter your current password.
5. Enter your new password twice.
6. Assuming you successfully typed in your new password twice, you should receive a message saying that all authentication tokens updated successfully.
To change your password within Horde Webmail:
- Login to https://mail.math.ias.edu
- In the Menu, under Mail, click on Change Password
- Type in the Old Password, the New Password, and confirm the New Password
- Then click on Change Password
- Logout, then log back in with the new password
You need to use three of the four types of characters in your password (numbers, lowercase and uppercase letters and symbols).